The administrative support coordinates and assists the agency in maintaining the paper flow of clerical functions in the office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assistance to the Executive Director/Administrator, preserving the confidential nature of items of which he/she has knowledge. He/she must maintain the files, supplies and general office condition in an orderly manner.
- Handles all correspondence and word processing for the hospice organization.
- Maintains minutes of meetings.
- Answers telephone inquiries and channels them appropriately.
- Is responsible for maintaining administrative and clerical files.
- Files clinical notes after recording on the “Weekly Ledger” sheet.
- Makes sure that all doctor’s order forms and related forms are current and in compliance with Medicare and Medicaid regulations. Updates all current forms in separate patient files.
- Keep Medicare and Medicaid manuals up-to-date at all times.
- Sends doctor’s orders to physicians when received from nurses for his signature. Keeps current log of what is sent to make sure they are returned with signature.
- Purchases and keeps postage on hand.
- Closes out patient’s clinical record when discharged.
- Maintains current patient statistics utilizing the Management Information System.
- Maintains ledger cards for all new patients admitted for clerk’s use.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Minimum of two years of experience preferably in hospice or health care, or graduation from a one or two year business college preferred.
- Is at least eighteen years of age.
- Able to type 50 words per minute
- Word processing skills
- Personal computer skills
- Business machine knowledge
- Medical terminology