Namaste Home Health and Hospice is looking for some amazing CNA to join our home health and hospice team!
Benefits: full benefits
The Home Health and Hospice CNA is a paraprofessional member of the home care team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the patient’s needs. The home health aide is responsible for observing patients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The home health aide will be assigned in a manner that promotes quality, continuity and safety of a patient’s care, and only after successful completion of a competency evaluation program. HHA is also a part of the interdisciplinary team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the home health aide include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing personal care including:
- Back rubs
- Oral hygiene
- Changing bed linen
- Assisting patients with dressing and undressing
- Nail & Skin care to prevent breakdown
- Assisting the patient with toileting activities
- Keeping patient’s living area clean and orderly, as appropriate
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals.
- Assisting in feeding the patient, if necessary.
- Taking and recording oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
- Performing range of motion and other simple procedures as an extensional therapy service as ordered (with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency).
- Assisting patient in the self-administration of medication.
- Doing patient’s laundry, as appropriate.
- Meeting safety needs of patients and using equipment safely and properly (foot stools, **side rails, etc.).
- Reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the assigned nurse.
- Adhering to the Organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Attend 12 clock hours of in-service training annually during a 12-month period.
- As part of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), attend scheduled Case Conference meetings to discuss patients in which you are involved in.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must have successfully completed a training and competency evaluation program that is approved by the respective state as meeting all requirements and listed in good standing in the state nurse registry. (Note: Home health aide or nurse aide will not be considered completed in a program if there has been a continuous 24 months or greater period-of-time where the described aide services have not been provided. For lapses of this time-period or greater, the individual must complete another training and competency program prior to delivering any services.)
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification.
- Demonstrates tact, patience and good personal hygiene.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with Organization requirements and is in good working order.
The home health aide will not function in any manner viewed as the practice of nursing according to the State’s Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the home health aide will not administer medications, take physician’s orders or perform procedures requiring the training, knowledge and skill of a nurse, such as sterile techniques.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Home Health or Home Hospice: 1 year (Required)
- CNA: 1 year (Required)