Responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, and managing the referral and intake process on the weekend.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs all daily patient referral and intake operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of intake policies.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Directs the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure patients are admitted in accordance with policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care, hospice or palliative care by providing direct oversight of patient education and preparation for home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Negotiates service pricing with insurance Case Managers and other payers within established financial and credit parameters.
- Assists the Executive Director/Administrator in the preparation of an annual budget for the intake department and monitors allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations.
- Recruits, selects, orients, and directly manages members of the referral/intake team.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Namaste Home Health and Hospice as a high quality provider of services.
- Gathers, collates, and reports referral statistics including key customer referral trends.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to meet unmet customer needs.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Namaste Home Health and Hospice contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Namaste Health.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing.
- At least three to five years of experience in health care management, preferably in home care operations.
- Registered nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
- Ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with customers and the community.
- Knowledge of corporate business management, governmental regulations, Joint Commission standards, and private payer practices.
- Demonstrates good communications, negotiation, and public relations skills.
Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.