Namaste Home Health and Hospice is looking for an experienced Intake Specialist to work the weekends! Do you have admissions and intake experience? Do you have the flexibility to work the weekends? Then we can’t wait for your application!
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the patient intake process including communicating directly with patients and families, data entry, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with customers and referral sources, responding to customer requests and concerns, facilitating a daily intake stand up meeting, and managing the insurance verification and authorization processes.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs all daily patient referral and intake operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of intake policies.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Directs the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure patients are admitted in accordance with policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by providing direct oversight of patient education and preparation for home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Namaste Home Health and Hospice as a high quality provider of services.
- Gathers, collates, and reports referral statistics including key customer referral trends.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Home Health and Hospice contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Namaste Home Health & Hospice
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- The Intake Specialist must have healthcare experience, preferably in referrals/intake in a home health or hospice environment.
- Demonstrates good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates autonomy, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
Job Type: Part-time
- HomeCare HomeBase: 1 year (Required)
- Intake: 1 year (Required)
- admissions: 1 year (Required)