Namaste Home Health and Hospice is looking for a couple of amazing LPNs to join our home health and hospice teams!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, ST, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- home health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Preferred)