DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct physical therapy according to directions of physical therapist and in accordance with the physician’s plan of care.
- Treats patient to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
- Directs and aids patients in active and passive therapeutic exercises, muscle reeducation, gait and functional training, transfer activities and prosthetic training.
- Utilizes physical agents, including, but not be limited to heat, cold, water, light, electricity, ultrasound and massage.
- Observes and reports to the physical therapist and the Organization personnel the patient’s reaction to treatment and any changes in patient’s condition.
- Instructs patients in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic or orthotic devices.
- Maintains necessary records; clinical notes and conference notes, which will be incorporated into the patient’s clinical record in prescribed time frames.
- Participates in Organization Home Care Team Members meetings and Organization in-service Education Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- A PT assistant must be licensed where the HHA is located if licensure is required.
- Must have graduated from a PT assistant program approved by CAPTE and have passed a national examination for PT assistants. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working.