Multiple Training Sessions available, please contact Mary Kay (email@example.com) to find out more information.
Our goal is to create an environment in which patients, families, staff, and hospice volunteers are treated with respect and dignity. When a hospice volunteer is assigned a patient we want the volunteer to become an integral member of that patient’s interdisciplinary team.
A Hospice Volunteer who joins this team will often bring help and services to which patients and their families may not have access. Even without a medical background, a hospice volunteer has gifts they can offer.
Here are some examples:
- Respite care for family members and other caregivers
- Massage, music or pet therapy, healing touch or other alternative therapies
- Bereavement support
- 11th Hour care
- Clerical assistance at Namaste’s office
- Practicum and internship opportunities
- Veterans helping veterans
Before visiting patients or families, Namaste volunteers are interviewed by the Volunteer Coordinator, and must complete 20-hours of training. Training sessions are offered as needed, usually two to four times each year. Training is conducted at the Namaste Office in Denver.