Multiple Training Sessions available, please contact Mary Kay (firstname.lastname@example.org) to find out more information.
Our goal is to create an environment in which patients, families, staff, and volunteers are treated with respect and dignity. When a volunteer is assigned a patient we want the volunteer to become an integral member of that patient’s interdisciplinary team.
Volunteers who join this team often bring help and services to which patients and their families may not have access. Even without a medical background, volunteers have gifts they can offer.
Here are some examples:
- Respite care for family members and other caregivers
- Massage, music or pet therapy, healing touch or other alternative therapies
- Bereavement support
- 11th Hour care
- Clerical assistance at Namaste’s office
- Practicum and internship opportunities
- Veterans helping veterans
Before visiting patients or families, Namaste volunteers are interviewed by the Volunteer Coordinator, and must complete 20-hours of training. Training sessions are offered as needed, usually two to four times each year. Training is conducted at the Namaste Office in Denver.